$INCLUDE ignored by freeradius

Klaus Klein k.klein at gmx.de
Wed Aug 22 18:26:45 CEST 2012

Am 22.08.2012 13:48, schrieb Alan DeKok:
> Krzysztof Grobelak wrote:
>> What I expect to happen is that the INCLUDE command will "include" the
>> users.group1 file in to the main users file and that the user will be
>> found.
>
>    The behavior of the "users" file is documented.  There's no need to
> say "I expect this to happen".  The exact behavior is documented.
>
>> What actually happens is that the users file is parsed and the only
>> matched entry is the DEFAULT entry at the bottom of the main users file
>> and the include directive is ignored.
>
>    No, that doesn't happen.
>
>    If the include directive is ignored, that's because either it's not
> being seen, or the included file is empty.
>
>    Read the debug log to see.  It *prints out* the file it's including.
> It's not hard to see this.

@ Alan
I just verified that on a 2.1.10 server and it seems that files, included with the $INCLUDE statement in the users file, are *not* printed out to the debug log.

@ Kris
Where in /etc/raddb/users did you place the $INCLUDE statement?
You didn't put it at the end of the file, did you? ;-)

Cheers,
Klaus