Postpaid configuration for all

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Aug 28 09:16:52 CEST 2012

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Murat K <srvrmurat at gmail.com> wrote:
> The gsm operator we are working with has their ggsn updated. Now they are requesting charging data postpaid in accept reply which is same for all.

You need to understand basic concepts of radius.

If you're asking "what's the difference between prepaid and postpaid
users from radius perspective", then the answer is the presence of the
limiting attribute (e.g. session-timeout). It gives prepaid users
limit on how long they can remain connected to the NAS.

In freeradius, this is usually done by using rlm_counter or rlm_sqlcounter.

> I know we can set sn_rulebase=postpaid in users file

SN-Rulebase is a vendor-specific attribute. If your system is using
that attribute for some kind of QoS, then ask whomever implement that
system on what attribute and value you should return.

Once you KNOW what attribute and value to return, then you can tell FR
to send it (via users file/sql table/unlang/whatever)

If you DON'T KNOW what attribute and value to return, then ask
whomever implement your system.

--
Fajar