brief window of opportunity to log in via windows

Brian Gold bgold at simons-rock.edu
Tue Aug 28 15:22:54 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I've got freeradius 2.1.10 running PEAP/MS-CHAP. Everything seems to be working fine, but we've noticed a bit of an issue with our
Windows clients. It seems that after selecting our SSID for the first time, they are prompted for their username & password. Once
those are entered they get a prompt to accept our certificate and then they are in. It seems though that they must enter their
username & password fairly quickly. If they don't enter them within about 30 seconds, the connection times out and they have to
start over again.

Is there something on the radius end of things that I can do to adjust this timeout?

Brian Gold
System Administrator
Bard College at Simon's Rock