Problem with Nortel hardware

Zakrocki, Robert Robert.Zakrocki.1 at city.ac.uk
Wed Aug 29 14:59:00 CEST 2012

Dear list,

We have rather strange problem with Nortel hardware and freeradius.

We run freeradius-2.1.12-3 on Red Hat 6 in our organization. Our setup is as  follows:

We have two type of wireless hardware Nortel and Aerohive.

We have two radius servers. Windows Radius which is connected to AD and Freeradius server which proxy to the Windows Radius.

Our freeradius setup works perfect with  Aerohive hardware but unfortunately it doesn't work with Nortel.

In our freeradius setup we strip @domain.name from the username (in realm section), and we pass the request to the Windows Radius, this seems to work with Aerohive hardware, but when trying to do the same with Nortel hardware, Windows Radius indicates that we are sending a username at domain.name (and it fails there), in other words the username does not get stripped. I wonder why this is happening only to a Nortel hardware and it works perfect with Aerohive?

Many thanks,
Robert