Integration with CISCO Router for PEAP requests

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri Aug 31 10:43:27 CEST 2012

*sigh*

You cannot do what you want. Even if you send an Access-Accept, the client will most likely disconnect of its own accord, because you cannot fake a success message in the inner tunnel. Unless of course you're using some weird funky cisco client that ignores all the standards.

If you really don't believe us, try it for yourself:

Post-Auth {
	Post-Auth-Type REJECT {
		if("%{reply:EAP-Message}" =~ /0x04([0-9a-f]{2}).*/i){
			update reply {
				EAP-Message := "0x03%{1}0004"
		update control {
			Response-Packet-Type := Access-Accept

Note: Modifying Repost-Packet-Type that may not be supported in future versions.

-Arran