Freeradius stops. Received HUP signal.

Michael Weissenbacher mw at dermichi.com
Thu Dec 6 09:40:04 CET 2012

substance SUBSTANCE wrote:
> Why FreeRADIUS receives that HUP signal? Can I disable it , or should I
> update FreeRADIUS software?
I had the same problem. This version of Freeradius should not be HUP'ed
it seems. I found this info by searching the archives.
Problem is that Ubuntu and Debian do that by default once a day in
/etc/logrotate.d/freeradius. You should be fine by replacing
"/etc/init.d/freeradius reload" with "etc/init.d/freeradius restart" in
that file. Disclaimer: untested by me.
In my case i upgraded to a more recent version. But this if far more hassle.

hth,
Michael