freeradius query on password encryption and decryption

Yashaswini Sathyanarayana YS0072917 at TechMahindra.com
Thu Dec 20 12:50:34 CET 2012

Hi alan,

Every time I am sending a message from seagull to freeradius ,it is decode the password differently. I am also getting the following error in Radius debug mode .

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 172.22.55.232 port 65535, id=6, length=56
        Acct-Session-Id = "6"
        User-Name = "uname"
        User-Password = "\311~B]\021\267\332i\217"
        NAS-IP-Address = 172.22.55.232
        NAS-Port-Type = Virtual

ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request: Rejecting the user
Failed to authenticate the user.
Login incorrect: [username/password] (from client test1 port 0)
WARNING: Unprintable characters in the password.  Double-check the shared secret on the server and the NAS!

I have tried searching on Google but didn't find much to resolve this . please help .

Thanks & Regards,
Yashaswini | Prod Engg | Tech Mahindra Ltd.
9 / 7 Hosur Road, Bangalore - 560029, India.
(Office: +91 80 40243000, Extn: 3478
Mobile: +91 9611591177
www.techmahindra.com