Sub-TLVs how to have the same kind of descriptor twice

Sven Tantau sven at internet.ao
Fri Dec 21 08:40:58 CET 2012

On 12/20/2012 08:14 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:
>> I expected freeradius to see that WiMAX-QoS-Id is an element of a new
>> tlv. And then create a new WiMAX-QoS-Descriptor for it. (Instead of
>> combining the data for the two QoS profiles into one WiMAX-QoS-Descriptor.)
>
>   IIRC, it should create two descriptors.

At least in my version the data gets combined into one descriptor. (See
debug output of my first mail.)

>   Which version are you using?  For a lot of the weirder WiMAX stuff,
> you'll need to use the "master" branch.

I do. But I fetched the code in early March. Perhaps something changed.

>> If that is the case, is there another workaround beside putting
>> something between the two QoS profiles? (This is what I did by adding
>> "Acct-Interim-Interval+=60".)
>
>   If that works... do it.  Note that you *can* use a non-packet attribute.
>
>   e.g. Tmp-String-0 += "blah"
>
>   It doesn't have to be a "real" attribute.

I just tested this. Works like expected. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Sven

--
Internet Technologies Angola / Systems Department
Tel:    +244 (227) 286 000 / (924) 770 290 / (924) 770 291
Mail: sven at internet.ao