getting additional functionality, snmp or external program

Duane Cox duanecox at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 05:00:52 CET 2012

I think this is possible, but wanted to make sure and ask what would be the best way to do this...
ie. Execute an external program or create a module.

I'm authenticating cable modems using freeradius with a sql database backend.
What I want to do, is after the authentication process, query the cable modem using snmp (retrieving data) and store this data back into the already connected database.

Is anyone doing such a thing?

Thanks,
Duane