Newbie and Sqlippool

Antonio Modesto modesto at isimples.com.br
Wed Feb 1 12:19:16 CET 2012

On Tue, 2012-01-31 at 21:00 +0100, Alan DeKok wrote:

> Antonio Modesto wrote:
> >     I am trying to test sqlippool on freeradius, but i've found that the
> > documentation explains very well how to implement it, but it doesn't
> > explain very well how I can set a user or a group to use this pool.
>
>   Set:
>
> 	update control {
> 		Pool-Name := "main_pool"
> 	}

Ok, I will try it.

>   That sets the pool to use.
>
> > and I have this user:
> >
> > select * from radcheck;
> > +----+----------+---------------+----+-------+-------+
> > | id | UserName | Attribute     | op | Value | ativo |
> > |  1 | modesto  | User-Password | == | 12345 | S     |
>
>   That's wrong.  Use "Cleartext-Password :=" instead of "User-Password =="

    The problem is that my production server is running Freeradius 1.8,
and it uses the Attribute User-Password, but the module rlm_sqlippool is
not working in this version of freeradius. Then if I decide to use
sqlippool, will I need to upgrade to freeradius 2.x and change this
Attribute in all my MySQL database?

Thanks.