Freeradius rlm_pam

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Sun Feb 12 00:23:48 CET 2012

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 11:07:36AM -0800, Mark wrote:
> Reading the Wiki and previous help responses on this list, I see that
> Auth-Type shouldn't have to be forced.

Normally, yes - looks like PAM is an exception.

http://freeradius.org/radiusd/doc/rlm_pam

It only has an authenticate method, so has no way to set Auth-Type
itself.

> I'd be grateful for any assistance as to what changes I need to
> make so that the inner-tunnel request from rad-test would
> successfully authenticate via PAM.

In inner-tunnel authorize,

update control {
  Auth-Type := 'pam'
}

Note, I've not tried it myself...

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>