Setting up FreeRADIUS

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Feb 22 21:44:03 CET 2012

Hi,

> port = 1812 (instead of the default 0)

doesnt matter - it'll use 1812 and not 0 - read from /etc/services

> client ASG {
> ipaddr = 192.168.***.***
> secret = my secret

if the secret really does have spaces in it, then you need to ensure its
enclosed in quotes   "my secret"

> In /etc/raddb/users I added user Cleartext-Password password.

fred Cleartext-Password := "password"

(note the := )

> Now whenever I run radtest user password localhost 0 secret I get the
> Access-Accept packet but if I modify the command and run radtest user
> password ASG_IP 1812 secret I get "radclient: no response from server for ID
> 168 socket 3"

??? hat would be sending a RADIUS request to the ASG_IP server - is this running
as a server that can take and accept a remote proxied request?

> I also tried running radtest user password FreeRADIUS_Server_IP 1812 secret
> and the output in /usr/sbin/radiusd -X is as follows: " Ignoring request to
> authentication address * port 1812 from unknown client 192.168.***.*** port
> 48063

thats because you havent added 192.168.***.*** as a valid client in clients.conf

alan