RadSec FR3.0 to Radiator: "Received packet will be too large"

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Feb 23 10:12:41 CET 2012

Brian Julin wrote:
> We're piloting RadSec as a federation server uplink.  They use Radiator.  When we first attempted to connect we'd get
> a "Received packet will be too large!" carp from main/tls.c.  They checked on their end and say they have no fragment
> size option for RadSec TLS connections, only for EAP-TLS connections.
>
> So we applied the below as a test and it works, but I was wondering as to the wisdom of it...

  I've pushed a more functional fix.

  It now allocates the receive buffer based on fragment_size.  If the
RadSec connection sends too much data, the server prints out an error
saying:

	... set fragment_size=16384

  Or whatever value will allow it to receive the data.  I've also
updated the comments about fragment_size in raddb/sites-available/tls