LDAP (POSIX attibutes) password expiry

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Feb 28 22:23:22 CET 2012

up at 3.am wrote:
> However, we just noticed that password expiry isn't working.  I suspect this is
> because we are still using all the original POSIX attributes and none of them look
> like good for mapping to the ones supplied by FreeRADIUS.  I see:
>
> checkItem       Expiration                      radiusExpiration

  Did you check that the LDAP module is returning this attribute for the
query?

  Did you check that Expiration works if you put it into the "users" file?

  Did you check that the LDAP module is returning the expiration
attribute in the format undestood by FreeRADIUS?

  Read the debug log.  The "expiration" module is returning NOOP.  It
only returns NOOP if there is no Expiration attribute.