openLDAP authorization with PAP authentication

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jan 20 22:27:05 CET 2012

Jay Ludlow wrote:
> I am very new to radius, and I am having a problem configuring radius to
> authenticate by checking my already running openldap server for
> authorization and then using PAP for authentication.

  I suggest formatting your post in paragraphs to clearly delineate
ideas.  Right now, it's just a wall of pale blue text.  That makes it
hard for people to read your message, and therefore hard for people to
help you.

  In short, you are logging in with a username that appears in
/etc/passwd.  FreeRADIUS is using the password taken from there, instead
of the password from LDAP.

  Edit raddb/sites-available/default, and remove the "unix" entry from
the "authorize" section.  After that, it will start using the password
from LDAP.