Question about WARNING in rlm_sql_mysql

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Jan 31 10:47:47 CET 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Krzysztof Grobelak
<kgrobelak at airspeed.ie> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Can somebody shed some light what the 'You probably need to lower "min"'
> means. I just installed fresh freeradius from git. All my settings are the
> same as in  the last version but apart from the radiusd -X not working

Which part is "not working"?

> (but
> the radiusd -lxx -l stdout is)  radius.log displays this warning about
> lowering number of sql connections.
>
> Can anybody give some advice??

"git blame" and "git show" to the rescue :)

$ git show a966a18e
commit a966a18e757bff638bbf725d6f9150b5026fe07d
Author: Alan T. DeKok <aland at freeradius.org>
Date:   Sun Nov 6 11:02:44 2011 +0100

    Print WARNING if we fall below "min" connections

    We want to close idle sessions, sessions with max lifetime
    or max uses.  BUT we want to enforce "min".  The code will
    currently close a connection, notice "num < min", and spawn
    a new one.  We warn the user that this is happening, so that
    they can fix their configuration.

--
Fajar