Newbie and Sqlippool

Antonio Modesto modesto at isimples.com.br
Tue Jan 31 19:41:26 CET 2012

Hi,

    I am trying to test sqlippool on freeradius, but i've found that the
documentation explains very well how to implement it, but it doesn't
explain very well how I can set a user or a group to use this pool. Can
someone explain me how can I do this? i've set up a pool called
'main_pool' in my database:

select * from radippool;
+----+-----------+-----------------+--------------+-----------------+------------------+---------------------+----------+----------+
 | id | pool_name | FramedIPAddress | NASIPAddress | CalledStationId |
CallingStationID | expiry_time         | username | pool_key |
+----+-----------+-----------------+--------------+-----------------+------------------+---------------------+----------+----------+
 |  1 | main_pool | 172.16.254.1    |              |                 |
| 0000-00-00 00:00:00 |          |          |
+----+-----------+-----------------+--------------+-----------------+------------------+---------------------+----------+----------+
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

and I have this user:

select * from radcheck;
+----+----------+---------------+----+-------+-------+
| id | UserName | Attribute     | op | Value | ativo |
|  1 | modesto  | User-Password | == | 12345 | S     |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

I've already tried to associate the Pool-Name attribute with this user,
but it didn't work.

Can someone explain me how this stuff works or send me a more detailed
documentation?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.