Verifying you are Joining the Active Directory Domain

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Tue Jan 31 23:49:40 CET 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 08:54:40PM +0000, Gilmour, Scott wrote:
> It looks like it joined the domain

# net ads testjoin

will tell you if you're joined or not - you should get "Join is OK".

but when I do a wbinfo -u  it gives me an error message:  Error looking up domain users.
> root at FreeRadius:/home/sqauser#
> root at FreeRadius:/home/sqauser# wbinfo -u
> Error looking up domain users

If you've only just joined the domain, you likely need to restart
winbindd.

But get your time synchronized properly first.

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>