2 Factor Authetication and EAP-GTC

Cornelius Kölbel cornelius.koelbel at lsexperts.de
Mon Jul 9 07:24:59 CEST 2012

Hi Carl,
This heavily depends on your OTP backend.
The problem arises when the OTP is not passed to the radius server, which is the case with all challenge response protocols. Then the backend can not easily predict, which OTP value the user has entered--- due to time drifts (time based) or blank presses (event based). I.e. such backend should check with a bunch of acceptable OTP values.  And this means you need a freeradius module that is capable of communicating with the OTP backend in the right way.
Kind regards
Cornelius