Basic freeradius set up problem

Mik J mikydevel at yahoo.fr
Wed Jul 11 15:32:11 CEST 2012

>>>   [sql]   expand: %{Stripped-User-Name} ->

>>>   [sql] sql_set_user escaped user --> ''
>>>   rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 3
>>>   [sql]   expand:  ->
>>>   [sql] Error generating query; rejecting user
>>>   rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 3
>>>   ++[sql] returns fail
>>
>>  Stripped-User-Name not populated - so a blank expansion. do you need
>>  stripped-user-name?  - just use User-Name if not
>

> Hello Alan,
>
> Thank you for your answer.
> I may have not understood what you wrote.
> I replaced in /etc/raddb/sql/mysql/dialup.conf
>
> sql_user_name = '%{Stripped-User-Name}'
> by
> sql_user_name = '%{User-Name}'
>
> But my authentication is still rejected
>
> [suffix] No '@' in User-Name = "testuser", looking up realm
> NULL
> [suffix] No such realm "NULL"
> ++[suffix] returns noop
> [eap] No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
> ++[eap] returns noop
> ++[files] returns noop
> [sql]   expand: %{User-Name} -> testuser
> [sql] sql_set_user escaped user --> 'testuser'
> rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 4
> [sql]   expand:  ->
> [sql] Error generating query; rejecting user
> rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 4
> ++[sql] returns fail
> Invalid user: [testuser] (from client localhost port 1812)
> Using Post-Auth-Type Reject
> # Executing group from file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default
> +- entering group REJECT {...}
> [attr_filter.access_reject]     expand: %{User-Name} -> testuser
> attr_filter: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 11
> ++[attr_filter.access_reject] returns updated
> Delaying reject of request 0 for 1 seconds
>
> I would like to have simple logins such as testuser and not testuser at somedomain

Hello lsclrstd,
I have created a second user testuser2 with the password in 'Cleartext-Password'
It doesn't work either. I have enabled the logs in Mysql, but I don't see any sql request that is been made.
I think there's a way to enable additional logs with freeradius and see what are the queries done to the mysql server. Does anyone knows how to do that ?
I'll search more.
Thank you