EAP-TLS WinXP, default_md MD5, default_eap_type

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Wed Jul 11 22:23:53 CEST 2012

Hello,

the MD5 that is used in EAP-MD5 (configured in eap.conf) and the MD5
that is used as a message digest in certificate generation (configured
in the .cnf files you mentioned) have *nothing* to do with each other.

I.e. you can change one without side-effects on the other.

Since there is no EAP-SHA1, it does not make sense to add a sha1 { }
section in eap.conf.

The replacements for MD5 in EAP are things like TTLS, PEAP, TLS, and
others. They are mentioned in eap.conf. If you want to get rid of
EAP-MD5, configure one of those.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter