PEAP/EAP_GTC

Iliya Peregoudov iperegudov at cboss.ru
Thu Jul 12 08:26:35 CEST 2012

Hi Carl,

I personally have used EAP-TTLS/EAP-GTC with Nokia S60 phone. Nokia S60
supplicant display EAP-GTC prompt. This prompt is set in raddb/eap.conf
gtc{} subsection and defaults to "Password: " string.

EAP-GTC is thoroughly documented by RFC 3748. Typical EAP-GTC message
exchange is following:

S: EAP-Request(Type=Identity)
C: EAP-Response(Type=Identity, Type-Data=<username>)
S: EAP-Request(Type=GTC, Type-Data=<prompt>)
C: EAP-Response(Type=GTC, Type-Data=<password>)
S: EAP-Success or EAP-Failure