Help needed configuring MAB on FreeRADIUS and Cisco switch

Kaya Saman kayasaman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 19:26:29 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Alan Buxey <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> The very last line of startup output will say
>
> Ready to process requests
>

> If you get NOTHING else then the server is not getting any packets through
> to it...which is either something simple such as the built in firewall of
> cents (edit the firewall using your favourite method to allow UDP 1812
> through for RADIUS auth packets), a network issue, (routing, ACLs etc) or a
> switch configuration issue.
>
> alan
>
> --
> This smartphone uses free WiFi around the world with eduroam, now that's
> what I call smart.

Yep that's what it says!!

I am not sure however, if either the switch or RADIUS has been
configured correctly.

The switch config I pulled from both the Wiki and the Cisco
configuration guides however, they mostly are for RADIUS based login
authentication - of course I went to the MAB portion.

I have attached the Cisco config to my initial posting and I know it
would be off-topic here but since it is relevant I thought that maybe
somebody could help :-)

Regards,

Kaya