Help needed configuring MAB on FreeRADIUS and Cisco switch

Kaya Saman kayasaman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 15:55:59 CEST 2012

[...]
> # cat users | more
>  0015c5537baa Cleartext-Password := "0015c5537baa"
>           Tunnel-Type:0 = VLAN,
>           Tunnel-Medium-Type:0 = IEEE-802,
>           Tunnel-Private-Group-Id:0 = "3",
>           Tunnel-Preference = 0x000000

[...]

I managed to figure the issue of **authentication** and it's really
embarrassing!

>From copy/pasting the config there was a 'space' between the
<username> attribute and getting rid of it just now the server started
accepting the user :-)

Running the suggested debug commands on the switch it is claiming:

"authorization failed"

"accounting failed"

mab failure due to 'dead server'

I took the liberty of changing the Tunnel-Private-Group-Id to 20 since
I have vlan 1 and 20 configured on the switch I am using in the hope
that the laptop would get a DHCP address from the DHCP server
configured on the switch, however I think due to the above errors
there is something additional which needs to be done.

Regards,

Kaya