Radius reject the request

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Jul 23 09:02:54 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Reza Hajjizadeh <hajjizadeh at gmail.com> wrote:
> I install a new radius server as last,(for practice that know nothing
> is mismatch)
> and edit the correct "users" file, but radius reject me again.

Really? The debug log shows otherwise

# Executing section authorize from file
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default
+- entering group authorize {...}
++[files] returns noop
[pap] WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.
Authentication may fail because of this.

That means files module did not do anything (i.e. it doesn't find a
line matching the request). From initialization section:

 Module: Instantiating module "files" from file
/usr/local/etc/raddb/modules/files
  files {
	usersfile = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/users"
	acctusersfile = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/acct_users"
	preproxy_usersfile = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/preproxy_users"
	compat = "no"
  }

Did you edit the file shown in "usersfile"? Did you follow the example
there? What does it contain now?

> Linux is so difficult :d

Not if you use common sense. Most software (including FR) contains
pretty good documentation (including comments in the configuration
file). But you need to read it.

The alternative is actually easy: hire someone capable to do it for you.

--
Fajar