Radius reject the request

alan buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Jul 23 10:58:15 CEST 2012

Hi,

> I install a new radius server as last,(for practice that know nothing
> is mismatch)
> and edit the correct "users" file, but radius reject me again.

okay..i'll believe you that you edited the correct file.

and you say you did

testuser   with password Test

okay...so lets look at the output:

> rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 33550, id=60, length=78
> 	User-Name = "testuser"
> 	User-Password = "123456"
> 	NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.1
> 	NAS-Port = 10
> 	Message-Authenticator = 0xd65e729657b704159f09d0feb24eeed8

hmmm, oh wait! the request is for 'testuser' with password '123456'

so, unless you expect some random magic to occur, this isnt going to work.

either send the correct request, or put the correct password into the users file

blaming Linux for being difficult?

alan