Acct-Status-Type

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Mon Jul 30 02:04:46 CEST 2012

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 07:39:52PM +0000, Khapare Joshi wrote:
> I see Acct-Status-Type = Interim-Update in my detail log. does it mean
> Acct-Status-Type = Alive ?

No, it means Interim Update.

You get Start at the beginning when the user logs on, Interim
Updates while they are on so that you can see an update as to
what's happening (number of bytes downloaded so far, that sort of
thing) and a Stop at the end with the actual final data for that
session. You can infer from Interim Update that the session is
still active, but you know that from the Start anyway (until you
see Stop).

RADIUS won't tell you if your user is still actually alive; you
need a doctor for that.

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>