"Invalid password" on OS-X

Jens W. Skov - JS Consult jens at jsconsult.dk
Mon Jun 4 09:12:55 CEST 2012

Hi

I'm trying to set up external authentication from our router to a OSX-server.
I have it working fine if the user is an admin-user on the mac, but if I try with a normal user I get:

Auth: rim_opendirectory: User <vpntest> is authorized.
Auth: rim_opendirectory: User [vpntest]: invalid password

I have tried with a number of user, and I'm quite sure I won't enter the wrong password that many times :)
If I do enter an invalid password I get the same error :)

I know this might be related to an OpenDirectory issue, but as I see it, it might also be related to the way I set up the freeradius service.

I would really be happy if someone could point me in the right direction.

Jens W. Skov