accounting in syslog

Luo, Frank Y.F. Mr. luoy at muohio.edu
Mon Jun 4 16:02:01 CEST 2012

thanks. will do some research. But I guess I can not send this as syslog entry to a syslog server, right?

Also about the username, you are right on the Mac address - I misread it - but I do see unreadable accounting log like this one in the packet. Is this something fixable at NAS?

Frank

rad_recv: Accounting-Request packet from host 172.18.47.242 port 32768, id=127, length=235
	User-Name = "f87b7a92466d"
	NAS-Port = 29
	NAS-IP-Address = 172.18.47.242
	Framed-IP-Address = 172.24.7.145
	NAS-Identifier = "xxxxxxxxxxx"
	Airespace-Wlan-Id = 5
	Acct-Session-Id = "4fccbbf1/f8:7b:7a:92:46:6d/197670"
	Acct-Authentic = Remote
	Tunnel-Type:0 = VLAN
	Tunnel-Medium-Type:0 = IEEE-802
	Tunnel-Private-Group-Id:0 = "1632"