Freeraduis as accounting proxy

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jun 4 16:14:03 CEST 2012

peterpz wrote:
> Unfortunately I don't have the file: raddb/sites-available/default, because
> it is the FreeRADIUS.net 1.1.7-r0.0.2 for Windows... I even don't have the
> folder sites-available in the raddb folder, so I don't have this
> documentation and am trying to configure it blind.

  See radiusd.conf.  It has largely the same configuration.

  Again, you *deleted* the configuration which used the realms, and
proxied the packet.  Don't do that.  If you don't understand how the
server works, then don't edit the configuration.

> I had to put fail string in the accounting module, because my sever has to
> only receive packets and not response. Without fail it responded to the main
> server which was not acceptable. Can this cause my problems with proxy?

  Yes.  It means that it won't proxy the request.

> I modified now the proxy.conf file, but it still don't send any accounting
> packets to the 126.20.50.230 :(

  Look for the "accounting" section in radiusd.conf.  Look for the
comments about realms.

  DON'T edit the default configuration unless you understand how it
works.  Butchering it by deleted 99% of the "accounting" section is WRONG.