Problem with CHAP Authentification

irosaurus irosaurus at gmx.net
Mon Jun 11 16:03:23 CEST 2012

Hello everybody,

I am trying now for days to get a hotspot with chillispot (on dd-wrt device)
and freeradius running.

it set up a testuser and if I try a local radcheck on the ubuntu machine,
which hosts the freeradius, everything works out fine.

when I logon to the wifi, I get a right IP (from 192.168.182.0/24) from the
hotspot and I am redirected to hotspotlogin.cgi, where I put in the exact
same user and password as with the radtest, but login failed.

 I get the following debug error from freeradius:

when I try it with a wrong password, I get this debug error:

has anyone an idea how to disable chap authenitification or better to fix
it?
I would be really happy about every answer which directs me in a certain
way, because the hotspot has to work this weekend and I am getting a little
bit nervous ;)

Cheers iro