Help needed to configure FreeRADIUS for eduroam

alan buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Jun 28 10:08:48 CEST 2012

Hi,

> I have been running my FreeRADIUS server with out problem for several
> years, identifying to an openLdap backend.
>
> I managed to configure a test WiFi access point to identify with
> 802.1x against that same radius/ldap server.
>
> But I have a problem to configure eduroam, so I would be glad if I
> could see a working example.

you need to look at the output of 'radiusd -X' so see what is going on with your server
and why it is failing.

regarding eduroam - if you already have working 802.1X locally (which I'm not sure from your message
as your OpenLDAP/RADIUS combo could have been just PAP authentication) - then all you need to do
for eduroam is have some unlang which checks the realm and if its not your realm, then send it
to a proxy pool  (configure proxy.conf)  - which will send the request to remote RADIUS servers
that you will be told about by your federation operator.....and for you to add those remote RADIUS
servers as clients (clients.conf or NAS table in SQL) so that requests for you can be sent to you.

you might want to also look at the eduroam confluence WIKI for help/advice/pointers

https://confluence.terena.org/display/H2eduroam/How+to+deploy+eduroam+on-site+or+on+campus

alan