Max Daily Session key

jim bolger jimbolger18 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 12:14:19 CEST 2012

Hi all, I am running Freeradius 1.1.7, mysql and coovachilli.

I need a access plan of a maximum 2 hours per day per mac address. We want
users to click an enter button rather than using vouchers/usernames, etc,

How do I tie the mac address and not a username to max daily session?

Do I change the sqlcounter dailycounter key from user-name to
callingstatinID
Can the dailycounter query be rewritten with callingstationID rather than
UserName?

query = "SELECT SUM(AcctSessionTime - GREATEST((%b -
UNIX_TIMESTAMP(AcctStartTime)), 0)) FROM radacct WHERE UserName='%{%k}' AND
UNIX_TIMESTAMP(AcctStartTime) + AcctSessionTime > '%b'"

Am I on the right track here?