FreeRADIUS SQl Ippool problem -

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Jun 28 15:38:52 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 8:22 PM, Taz Manian <djtazie at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I did check the wiki , i have been on it for the last 3 days trying to
> figure this out
>
> I did a search for Pool-Name and i got 4 different results as below
>
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/search?q=Pool-Name
>
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/Rlm_sqlippool

Did you notice I specifically mentioned that page?

> http://wiki.freeradius.org/Rlm_ippool
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/Users
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/Ippool%20and%20radius%20clients
>
> I checked each one of them and not one said anything about radcheck or
> radreply.

Did you read this paragraph?

"
To assign a user an IP from a pool you simply need to have a Pool-Name
Attribute (Keep in mind that it is a CONTROL attribute, not a reply
attribute) in the required configuration file, which is either in
files(users), sql or any other type of configuration schema.
"

It should be clear enough that Pool-Name should not be in
rad(group)reply (since that table holds reply attributes).

If you don't know where to put CONTROL attribute (which is in
rad(group)check, btw), then we might need to add an entry for that.

> I checked on Google and found some pages that said TO USE Framed-Pool , and
> i could see that when i ran radiusd -X

Your primary source of information should be the included
documentation (comments on the config file, man pages, etc).

After that, the wiki.

After that, this list.

If you decide to follow some random page, then no wonder you get random result.

--
Fajar