status_check vs src_ipaddr

Brian Julin BJulin at clarku.edu
Fri Mar 2 22:18:11 CET 2012

Too late in the week to dig in like I should, but I was just diagnosing a
problem and preliminary signs point to this:

It appears that a home server entry configured with src_ipaddr will use that
source ip address for auth requests, but when directed to do status_check,
it sends status request packets using some interface address from some
other config item somewhere (not sure from which one yet.)

Also the source port on auth requests is usually taken from the OS dynamic
range (high port numbers), but for some reason these are sourced from port 1647.

Which is odd because I can't seem to grep "1647" out of the source code.

Note the server sending these requests is a tad crusty (2.1.10)

FWIW.