RHEL Patches Broke FreeRADIUS

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Sun Mar 4 00:04:07 CET 2012

On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 12:49:33PM +0000, McNutt, Justin M. wrote:
> This created a nasty problem.  Now I have an
> /etc/raddb/modules/ldap and an /etc/raddb/modules/ldap.rpmnew,
> both of which define how "ldap { }" is supposed to work.  Same
> thing happened to the mschap module.
> Ideas?

I put my entire configuration (the whole raddb directory) in
/srv/radius, and then start FR with '-d /srv/radius'.

Then when I upgrade, I know it's not going to touch my config. I
also have a convenient distribution config in /etc/freeradius to
refer to, with all associated comments, etc.

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>