Authorize mac addresses with dbm only

Christoph Litauer litauer at uni-koblenz.de
Tue Mar 6 16:41:31 CET 2012

Alan,

thanks for your quick response!

Am 06.03.2012 um 16:21 schrieb Alan DeKok:

> Christoph Litauer wrote:
>> maybe you can help me with a - probably simple - problem in authorizing wlan users. I am using freeradius 1.1.7 (on SLES 10sp4).
>
>  Upgrade to 2.1.12.

Ah, OK. I think I will try that, but ...

>> My working configuration is able to authorize users with modules dbm and ldap. Dbm is used for mac-authentication, ldap for 802.1x-authentication. For some reason I need to reduce the number of requests our ldap server(s) gets. The actual configuration checks a mac address against dbm at first and then against ldap. I want mac-addresses exclusively checked against dbm.
>

>  In 2.1.12:
>
> 	dbm
> 	if (notfound) {
> 		ldap
> 	}

... I don't think this is what I need. I want some kind of requests (the ones including Colubris-AVPair = "ssid:tsunami") to _only_  be handled by dbm, successful or not. I read your suggestion as "check against dbm. If successful return, if not check against ldap"

--
Freundliche Grüße
Christoph