Tracing access request chain

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Mar 8 23:49:02 CET 2012

Hi,

>    I can see by grepping the logs in the radacct folder that the user sent
>    the access-request.  The results are in both the auth-detail and the
>    pre-proxy-detail logs.  From there I can see in my internal radius servers
>    that the access was accepted, but I cannot find any reference to the user,
>    or the any of the incoming conversation in the outgoing logs like
>    post-proxy, or reply.  I was hoping I’d see a reference to the username
>    and Access-Accept or similar.

you're not doing any accounting?  the accounting packets would have the
user-name, IP address, MAC address etc in the accounting packets - the present
of these shows tha the client is online and doing things.

the reply-detail log should have the user-name alongside the Access-Accept

for basic success/fail, the basic "auth = yes" in the log [] section of
radiusd.conf will show the 'Login OK' and 'Invalid user' messages for each user-name

alan