Max-Daily-Session - User session termination

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Mar 9 14:21:50 CET 2012

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 7:32 PM, pamela pomary <ppomary at gmail.com> wrote:
> Reading the documentation in radiusd.conf, it says
> attributes can be added to radcheck or radgroupcheck table in mysql, but
> Max-Daily Session attribute is not recognized. it says "Could not find Check
> item value pair" in debug mode.

did you follow the documentation? which one did you follow?

If the documentation is wrong, then we should fix it. If you only
follow half of it, then you should re-read the documentation.

> I have tried to add attributes in radreply
> and radgroupreply, and that didn't work either. Please how can I achieve
> this.

You can't just say "Oh, I know. Why don't I just put random stuff in
some random table, and some fairy will make it work!"

> ##############Debug log###########
> rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 0
>   modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns ok for request 60
>
> rlm_counter: Entering module authorize code

which one are you using, btw? rlm_counter, or rlm_sqlcounter?

If you store your accounting data in sql, better use sqlcounter. See
http://wiki.freeradius.org/Rlm_sqlcounter

> mysql> select * from radcheck  where username="student";
> +-----------+----------+-------------------+----+----------+
> | id        | UserName | Attribute         | op | Value    |
> +-----------+----------+-------------------+----+----------+
> |        10 | student  | User-Password       | == | password |
> |         11 | student | Max-Daily-Session  | == |  240         |
> 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Hint: Most entries in rad(group)check/reply should have op ":="
instead of "==". See http://wiki.freeradius.org/Rlm_sql and
http://wiki.freeradius.org/Operators

See also the example (near the bottom on the rlm_sqlcounter wiki page)

--
Fajar