HP-Command-String in sql accounting

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Mon Mar 12 16:13:18 CET 2012

On 12 Mar 2012, at 15:55, Marc Boisis-Delavaud wrote:

> Hello,
> I've enabled command accounting of my HP procure switches. The information is sent to radius :
> rad_recv: Accounting-Request packet from host 10.10.0.138 port 1274, id=79, length=128
> 	Acct-Session-Id = "002800000016"
> 	Acct-Status-Type = Interim-Update
> 	Service-Type = NAS-Prompt-User
> 	Acct-Authentic = RADIUS
> 	User-Name = "toto"
> 	NAS-IP-Address = 10.10.0.138
> 	NAS-Identifier = "sw"
> 	NAS-Port-Type = Virtual
> 	Calling-Station-Id = "10.1.11.61"
> 	HP-Command-String = "show running-config"
> 	Acct-Delay-Time = 0
>

> But the HP-Command-String is not present in the radacct table, is it possible to have it ?
> thanks

Yes. Just edit the queries in raddb/sql/<your db>/dialup.conf for accounting updates and modify your SQL schema.

Be sure to issue the following commands on your ProCurve switches:
aaa accounting session-id common
aaa accounting commands interim-update radius

(from the output it looks like you already have)

You'll probably want to use a text field type and the built in SQL function to concatenate the HP-Command-String field from multiple accounting update packets.

-Arran

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudbardb at freeradius.org

Betelwiki, Betelwiki, Betelwiki.... http://wiki.freeradius.org/ !