Using freeRadius with OTP and gateway

Mercier Valentin mercierv at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 06:58:46 CET 2012

> You don't enable it. The NAS is responsible for sending RADIUS
> packets, and originating CHAP requests. CHAP doesn't use a RADIUS
> challenge-response, despite it's name.
Ho ok, so I think I haven't good understand CHAP, my bad, sorry.
> CHAP doesn't work that way. The NAS sends a challenge to the client,
> and receives a response. It then sends challenge and response to the
> RADIUS server.
>
> If you want challenge-response controlled by the RADIUS server, use
> EAP-MD5.
And you think with EAP-MD5, I can prompt a "challenge" or number to the client
and I can calculate the response, and then I can send an another Radius request to
the server for the final authentication ?

Thanks for your answer Alan.

Best regards
--
Mercier Valentin