md5 passwords in mysql database

pamela pomary ppomary at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 17:14:41 CET 2012

Hello

Please I have a challenge encrypting passwords using md5 in MySQL database
for radius users. When I do a radtest like this:  radtest test password
localhost 0 key
for user test with md5(password) in MySQL database it is successful.
However when do this :  radtest -t mschap testmd5 password localhost 0 key,
I get MS-CHAP Error

Sending delayed reject for request 0
Sending Access-Reject of id 143 to 127.0.0.1 port 55008
        MS-CHAP-Error = "\000E=691 R=1"

I read online,it is not possible to do md5 with MS-CHAP. I don't want to
save users passwords in clear text. How can I achieve encrypting user's
passwords in MySQL database. I have Freeradius2.1.12 installed. Please I
will be grateful for suggestions.

I have the following in modules

#### /etc/raddb/modules/pap ###

pap {