proxy server goes deaf after "Client has closed connection" (RadSec to home server)

Brian Julin BJulin at clarku.edu
Fri Mar 16 19:38:36 CET 2012

Alan DeKok Wrote
> Brian Julin wrote:
> > The latter makes me wonder why or if request_proxy_anew works at all.
>
>   It was tested at one point.  But the code has changed since then.

Given the complexity of RADIUS state management, automating a comprehensive
test suite for it would be a very interesting endeavor.  It might even be
worthy of a GSoC project proposal, to get an aspiring coder to flesh out
src/tests, firing up test servers and VMs/fragrouters to really work the
corner cases and cover previous issues from the ML/git-log against regressions.

Not sure how far they would get, but they'd sure learn a lot about application
internetworking by trying, and the resulting framework would probably be
applicable to other heavily-interfaced server suites.

>   It's nice to know that code was understandable.

That... took a while.  I even had to draw pictures.  :-)  If I ever do
that again, maybe I'll finish them enough to submit them as devel docs.

Thanks again for holding it all together, Alan.

--
Brian