VPN

Brian Julin BJulin at clarku.edu
Wed Mar 21 18:03:09 CET 2012

This depends a lot on what your particular NAS sends to FreeRadius.
You would want to capture packets from a PPTP request and from an
L2TP reuest and compare them, to see of the NAS puts different
information in any fields that would allow FreeRadius to
tell the difference between PPTP and L2TP.

A likely field would be the "Framed-Protocol" field.

Once you have such a field, you can either add it as a check
item in your users file (if you are using one) or use
unlang to change the authorization step depending on the
contents of that field.

--
Brian