Freeradius for several services

David Seira davidseira at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 10:51:10 CET 2012

Hi,

I want to use the same freeradius server for authenticate several services
like L2TP VPN, PPPoE server, captive portal, etc...

For example:

NAS->PPPoE Server (11-11-11-11-11-11)
> NAS->Captive portal (22-22-22-22-22-22)

In the MySQL radcheck table:

user1 Cleartext-Password := 1234
> user1 Called-Station-Id := 11-11-11-11-11-11
> user2 Cleartext-Password := 5678
> user2 Called-Station-Id := 22-22-22-22-22-22

I would like to know what is the best way to achieve it. I don't know if it
is best using several virtual servers, one per service, or through the
called-station-id with the same virtual server. Is it possible to evaluate
a request based on the NAS' called station id (regardless the user/pass)?

In the above example, when the user1 try to login into the captive portal
the freeradius should send an access-reject. Which is the best way?

Thanks,
David