load balancing and if statements

Brian Julin BJulin at clarku.edu
Tue Mar 27 17:01:35 CEST 2012

Scott McLane Gardner
> >(A sensible wishlist item might be to have load-balance
> sections in the
> >instantiate section register the same hooks as their
> submodules, then
> >you'd be able to name the load-balance and use
> ><lbr-modulename>-Ldap-Group.  But that sounds mildly hairy to
> >implement.)
> >
> Does this mean that what I want to do is not possible?

I don't know, but I'll probably look into it over the next week
or two, because I never looked too hard at the LDAP config
I inherited, and didn't realize it was not load-balancing those
requests myself, and in fact isn't even redundant, so I'll be
looking to fix that (thanks for pointing it out BTW.)

I would think you might be able to get at least fail-over
redundancy working using the XLAT "%{%{thing1}:-%{thing2}}" syntax,
but I'm unsure right now as to how the interaction between the
Ldap-Group "check attribute" and the XLAT mechanism works.