Dynamic-Clients

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Mar 28 12:37:03 CEST 2012

Hi,

> i checked this issue using different scenarios.
>
> when i hard-coded
> freeradius-Client-IP-Address, freeradius-Client-Shortname,
> freeradius-Client-Secret, freeradius-Client-NAS-Type values it is working.
>
> in my experience i think the problem is sql queries are not work in
> dynamic-clients file

err, yes they do. I use them. in fact i've used them in production service
since the day the feature (dynamic clients) arrived.

> if u can please send me a complete document to configure dynamic clients.

sites-available/dynamic-clients

its all there. Example 3 is what you need to use. as it says:

This requires the SQL module to be configured, of course

the method is using 'sql. this assumes that your SQL config is called 'sql'
..if you have renamed your sql module instance that queries the DB containing
the nas table to eg 'dynamic_sql' then you need to use that name instead.

alan