AW: understanding

Heinrich, Sebastian S.Heinrich at aos-stade.de
Thu Mar 29 15:39:57 CEST 2012

Hello Everybody,

first of all thanks for the quick response. Especially thanks to Phil. The first question is completely answered. Now it is clear to me why I have to use SAMBA.

The second question isn't answered so that I could understand it. I created the certificates as told in the readme in the subdirectory /etc/certs. When I use Windows XP and uncheck the checkbox "checking certificate" it works. So as I understand the certificate of the server isn't checked or am I wrong. It is only checked when using the checkbox. When I use the checkbox I get an access accept message in the debug modus of FreeRADIUS and short after it a reject message with the message that I have to read the certificate wiki on the page. Is the problem that the certificate I created isn't an official certificate? How can I solve it?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Sebastian Heinrich
Techn. DV

Aluminium Oxid Stade GmbH