understanding

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sat Mar 31 15:20:28 CEST 2012

Hi,

> All in all you can say that if I use PEAP-EAP-MS-CHAPv2 I don't need to create certificates and put them in the FreeRADIUS Server. There is nothing checked if you don't check the checkbox 'check certificate'. Actually the existing certificates in the certs subdirectory could be deleted but the authentification would work?

did I say that? when?

answer, no I didnt say that - you will always need a CA and server file - try running EAP methods
without one defined. it wont work.  whether you actually CARE about security and the 802.1X method
determines what you do.  If you are not checking then why bother? why not just have an open SSID?
it will be only slightly less secure.

alan