MSCHAP Errors

alan buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon May 14 20:12:47 CEST 2012

Hi,

>    After doing more testing rather than doing PEAP authentication I attempted
>    to do TLS Authentication.  When I did TLS authentication my TLS User
>    authenticated just fine and I was able to receive an access-accept.  When
>    doing PEAP Authentication my PEAP user will fail with an access-reject
>    leaving me to believe it has something to do with the MSCHAP module.  I
>    anm still investigating.

what version of SAMBA? 3.0.x wil be fine, as will 3.5.x and 3.6.x latest versions,
you may have all kinds of issues with 3.1.x through to 3.4.x.

also, when run in full debug mode (radiusd -X) the server will print ot all that it
is doing and all the modules activity - part of this is the ACTUAL command that the
mschap module is trying to run.....so ensure that the command it is trying to run
works via the command line. read all the stuff around it carefully!

alan